Friday, October 2, 2009

Adopt a Dog Month


The month of October is apparently Adopt-a-Shelter Dog Month. You can read a great post at the bookends blog here, http://bookendslitagency.blogspot.com/

We at The Sound and Furry would be remiss if we didn't encourage you to also consider adopting a Shelter cat. Both Lucky and Bailey were rescued from a fine animal shelter and I don't think I'm overstepping when I say we're all better for it! There's nothing like a shelter cat.

Bailey and her siblings were left in a dumpster of all places. They were brought to the shelter and a very nice veterinarian fostered them until they were old enough to be adopted. I can't speak for Bailey, but for me it was love at first sight.

I met Lucky at the shelter. As the shelter employee was opening his cage to get him out, she told me that he was almost adopted the day before but the lady changed her mind. When they put the ID chip in his neck- she thought it was the mark of the beast and refused to take him home. He came home with me instead. He's named Lucky because it was luck that saved him from living with that other lady.

Adopt a Cat Month is June. But it's never too soon to adopt a new furry friend...


Anon,

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment